Friday, April 15, 2011

Playthings

The spring weather held until today, and now we're back to mid-forties and clouds. So I'm inside posting instead of outside reading. The theme: toys. The jogging stroller is really one for us, not for Tor, but we did hang his bird on it. 


This picture would have been cooler if I'd actually taken Tor out of the stroller and posed him next to the door. The squirrels are hungry this time of year, though.


Last weekend, I went to Once Upon a Child, a secondhand store near our house, and traded in some newborn-size clothes for a wooden arch with danglers. Tor has been working on his dexterity for several hours a day now, and it must be tiring labor because it's the only thing that's ever made him fall asleep just lying on the floor.



Here's some footage of him awake and at it. He's just swatting here but I swear he grabs and mouths things too.


Next up is this bumblebee mirror. I cannot for the life of me figure out who got it for Tor, even after going back over all my lists, but whoever it was, you hit the jackpot. The fledgling narcissist loves it. Prop that against his arch and you've got yourself time for a shower.



Finally, a new favorite pastime is talking. We anticipate consonants will emerge shortly...

1 comment:

  1. Oh no-- neither video worked for me! It said, "an error occurred. Try again later." I'll try looking them up on youtube directly.

    What the heck is that tree door actually for?? I'm mystified...

    And I love how much he's playing with things now! Go Tor! You are a causal agent!

    ReplyDelete