Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let the Baby-Proofing Begin

Last weekend, we captured this photograph of Tor after his first time rolling over from back to tummy! This means that he's capable of rolling across the room, at least in theory, so we should probably start putting plugs in sockets and things like that.


Madeline witnessed this new skill on Memorial Day. 


Lars is also working on getting the offspring to hold onto objects while standing up. Tor likes to do squats, particularly while standing on someone's bladder, so we're wondering whether he may bypass "creeping" and move straight to "cruising." (Those are technical baby terms. I'm probably using them wrong.) But in these pics, anyway, he's obviously distracted by his fascinating and charismatic mother.




And a  spot o' video:


The daily cereal meals are very much the same--we put it in, Tor blubbers it out--with one twist: he's become interested in gumming on the spoon. As you might imagine, this does not facilitate the feeding process.
"I look like I'm ready to take a bite, don't I?"
"Psych! Maybe I would if this SPOON weren't so awesome!"
Maybe we'll just start making him feed it to himself with his hands. 

And finally, my pictorial response to this photo:

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is that the one of you and Tor never gave me nightmares. The one of Lars and Tor... no guarantees... but it's amazing how nightmare inducing photos can still be adorable.

    ReplyDelete