Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Working Stiffs

So today we met with a couple who are going to watch Tor for two days a week, four hours at a time while I do some dissertating. We decided that while I can grade while taking care of him, I can't sustain the long periods of critical thought (and physical stability) necessary for writing to happen. At present, work gets done in two ways: on the couch with Tor in my lap or in his carseat, or standing with Tor in the Moby sling.


We met these people through an attachment parenting listserv I subscribe to. They have a one-year-old daughter, so it's fortunate that Tor has been working on his skills with the older ladies lately. Below, he woos the lovely Sonia (17 weeks):

                            
                                "Get over here, young man!"


Now that he's almost three months old (11 weeks today!), we've started trying to dress him more like a tiny human and less like a newborn. (Or at least I have. If it were up to Lars, he'd wear nothing but sleepers, since they're so easy to unsnap for diaper changes.) This grey sweatshirt is a new favorite:


Raising the roof! (with killer dog lurking)

And here he is dressed in his Yetis'-littlest-fan outfit at Lars's hockey game:

"It's a no-check league, you thug!"
Tor's begun vocalizing more often and getting more interested in toys, although as I mentioned in my previous post, he's not reaching for them yet. It's only a matter of time, though--all our literature says "right around three months," and he's only a week away! *gasp* The point is, he likes the mobile over his bed a lot more than he used to. I can plop him in there and it's usually good for at least five minutes (enough time for my basic getting-ready-to-face-the-world routine). Disregard my far less adorable vocalizations in the first video.


Finally, the kid is now a sometime thumb sucker. Not the crispest picture ever, but we captured the moment:

No comments:

Post a Comment