Wednesday, March 9, 2011


Today Tor turns ten weeks old. He seems to be dealing fine with my return to work two days a week--it helps, I'm sure, that his old man watches him. The Hansen boys in blue:
We feel fortunate to be able to postpone sending him to daycare until he's slightly older, either this summer or fall. At this point, we take him everywhere we go: bars, stores, Lars's lab, various gatherings. Below: Tor welcomes incoming geology students at the annual prospectives party. For our convenience, the sling can hold a baby and a beer.

We just used part of a remaining Babys R Us gift certificate (thanks, Kohlstedt lab!) to buy Tor Vitamin D drops and a rattle. Guess which one he enjoys more. He doesn't reach out for the rattle yet, but he'll look at it for a while and smile sometimes.

The free associations I make with photos of Tor doubtless say more about me than about the unwitting victim of my comparisons. Just think of it as an opportunity to get better acquainted with my arcane thought processes.
No plain-bellied Sneetches here

I sometimes fall back asleep after the morning feeding. Usually Lars doesn't catch me.
Hopefully double chins are not hereditary. Shudder.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible smile!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love how Elissa & Tor are mirror images with those wildly-flung arms in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete